Any kid can draw a flower, but are they aware of the many different shapes and sizes that exist?
• Watercolor paper
• Black Sharpie marker
• Liquid watercolor paint
1. I started by drawing a large collection of flowers on my sample piece. The kids can draw the grass line in pencil first then add at least three large flowers spaced evenly across the page. Have them fill in the spaces between the large flowers with smaller flowers.
2. Trace their artwork with a black permanent marker like a Sharpie.
3. The flowers and grass were painted in with a variety of watercolor paint colors.
4. Paint the sky area with clear water leaving space around all of the flowers. This keeps the colors from running together.
5. Use blue paint to fill in the wet sky area
Have fun! Let me know how it goes <3
Loves COLOR in any Medium! It's all about the feelings that are invoked by the beautiful, rich colors!